The American College of Professional Neuropsychology is affiliated with the American Board of Professional Neuropsychology (ABN) which is a credentialing organization for professionals who demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in the field of neuropsychology.
The American College of Professional Neuropsychology exists for and is dedicated to the following purposes:
- Support for those principles, policies and practices that seek the attainment of the best in clinical neuropsychological patient care.
- The pursuit of excellence in psychological education, especially as it concerns the clinical neuropsychological sciences.
- The pursuit of high standards in the practice of clinical neuropsychology and support of the credentialing activities of the American Board of Professional Neuropsychology.
- Support for the quest of scientific knowledge by support for research in neuropsychology and related fields.
- The communication of scientific and scholarly information through continuing education, scientific meetings, and publications.